Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

3. demarco5

demarco5 Well-Known Member

i bought this one and it only charged my droid 15% in 35mins, horrible

4. realbrilliance

realbrilliance Member

Not to knock or promote this particular car charger, but Fast charging can be detrimental to rechargeable batteries.

The verizon branded car charger says 2-3hrs for a full charge, close to the pace that yours was charging.

5. johnlgalt

I am not buying it because I want o over charge - I had a discussion via PM on how the charging mechanism works - the DROID is only going to pull what it can use and no more. There is no 'overcharging' involved here.

however, having a 1000mA charger with the USB plug allows me to charge other devices also, and if any of those can use more than the 850 or so that the DROID draws, then more power to it (literally).

6. gcroberson

gcroberson Well-Known Member

I just wanted to inform everyone that the car charger>ac adapter can cause the droid to go balistic. The screen starts pressing randomly and it won't charge. My droid started doing this and as soon as I umplugged it, it stopped.

7. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

I picked up a Griffin charger exactly like that but with 2 usb ports a while back and it works great for everything I have every tried it with. Good investment IMO. I also still have my Verizon branded MicroUSB charger that I got for my Storm and it works fine with the Droid as well.

On another note I have never used the car charger to charge my phone 'fast', i've got wall chargers for that. I use them while travelling so you are free use use the navigation ect and it keeps the battery topped off until you get to your destination.

Different Strokes....

8. johnlgalt

That was my purpose as well - I want to use the Navigation features (already have the cradle) but I don't want to have a half dead battery after arriving at my destination....

9. aaronmach1

aaronmach1 Well-Known Member

my TomTom gps in my car has the same charger jack hookup, can i use the charger for my tomtom on my droid?