Car Charger & FM TransmitterAccessories

Last Updated:

1. tlashley

tlashley New Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. fireburster

fireburster Active Member

i have an igriffin that i got from woot. Works great for the evo in the car.

horadin likes this.
  3. horadin

horadin Well-Known Member

I have been looking into getting one of these as well since there is no other way for me to play music on my phone in my car. I would love to hear from other people what they are using and how well it works for them.

4. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

Personally, I think all FM transmitters are crap. You're better off spending $13 and getting a wired fm modulator that plugs inline with the antenna and pretty much eliminates any static and hiss. And if you're going that route, I'd go one step further and pick up the Kensington LiquidAux. It has bluetooth so you don't need a physical connection from your phone to the unit for audio along with a usb port so you can charge your phone from it. Comes with a wireless remote that clips on to your steering wheel to control the music too. As a speakerphone it's a little tinny, but for music, it's a nice solution with minimal skills required to install.

5. tlashley

tlashley New Member This Topic's Starter

What is an iGriffin?

an iTrip from Griffin Tech.?

6. SilverWave

SilverWave Member

A great product that is simple to use and just works.
    I bought this as I wanted to play last.fm from my HTC Desire via the in car speaker system.

As I have the kit to mount the Desire in the car (for Google Navigation) it was a straight swap of one charger for another.

You set a station on the radio and the sound from your phone is transmitted to the the car radio.

The sound quality is good and I am very happy with this product.

Note: Very slight hiss if you crank up the radio too much, better to increase the volume on the phone first.