car charger questionAccessories

Last Updated:

1. 550driver

550driver Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any down side to leaving a Dinc on a car charger indefinitely as far as the battery is concerned?

Thanks, Dave

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Only speculative BS in my opinion :) It's just like leaving it plugged into a computer charging indefinitely.

3. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

Exactly, and my phone is attached me my computer at lest 6+ hour everyday :) as I use it to tether :)

My battery also seems to be fine, when i'm out and about, always goes down like 10 % in 30 mins, but after that stables out and lasts the day :)

4. Excedio

Excedio Well-Known Member

Doesn't really matter. You will always have short battery life anyway. ;)

Kidding! But no, it will not hurt.

5. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Agreed with everyone above and wanted to also mention that the replacement batteries are so damn cheap even if you have to replace it in 12 months its not that big of a deal, imo.

6. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

Once this phone reaches 100% capacity, it shuts down power from the charger and goes back to battery. This is the root of the "charging bug" people refer to.

You can leave it plugged in all you want. I'm going to test a theory one day. Leave it plugged in and wear the hell out of it until it dies from no power, and watch the light finally switch back to amber. Or, see if there's a threshold (like 80% or something) where it turns the charging current back on.