• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

car charger that charges as fast as wall charger?

Upvote 0
soooooooooo what do i need to order for my car to get the same fast charging speed? lol

I just picked these up from Monoprice and they work great! Depending on shipping costs, you're only looking at $5-$10 at most.

Car Charger (Cigarette Lighter) to USB Female Converter - Black

USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male 28/28AWG Cable - 3ft

Might as well pick up some longer cables for the wall charger while you're at it too.

USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male 28/28AWG Cable - 10ft

Upvote 0
I just picked these up from Monoprice and they work great! Depending on shipping costs, you're only looking at $5-$10 at most.

Might as well pick up some longer cables for the wall charger while you're at it too.

Don't think you are gonna find a sweeter deal. I might pick these up for myself. Good find!

Upvote 0
Don't forget to check your old devices. I have a MICUSBVPC charger branded Verizon and I have no idea why. But it's the right one for the Droid too.

This cable is available dirt cheap online unbranded (no logo) but I don't know what the specs are for power rating. Sorry.

If you live near a Target search online for CLAUSBBLK (also on Amazon) and see if that is in stock anywhere. It looks cool but again no specs. But if you live near a store that has one you can see for yourself.

Upvote 0
Motorola P513 Car Charger says "will provide express battery charging"
I just ordered one from Amazon for about $9 after CA tax and S&H. Motorola sells it for $29.99.

$6.00 free shipping wall charger here. I didn't order it b/c I ordered a similar one from the same seller as my car charger.

Will update when I recieve em to let you know they work. I don't see why they wouldn't they're OEM Motorola.

Upvote 0

ordered this as well, got it in today...works perfect and i ordered 2 of each...shipped under $6 :D

Upvote 0
I get concerned about the overall life of my battery when I start hearing 'Fast Charging'. Everything I've read about Li-ion batteries is that they shouldn't be fast charged and it will degrade the chemistry of the electrolyte (calcify it I think they said) and cause it not to hold as full of a charge or the charge goes away faster.

I may be wrong, but I've been reading this stuff in science journals and stuff written by John Goodenough (inventer of Li-ion batteries)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones