Car Charger (UK) - which one?

Last Updated:

1. xenole

xenole Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any particular sort of car charger I should get for my Desire? Was in Tesco earlier looking at loads of them and not one mentioned HTC compatibility. The girl tried some USB adaptors from a box and one fitted but as the packs are blister sealed, no idea if any are 100% suitable.

Advertisement
  2. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

3. toadstools

toadstools Well-Known Member

i got one via ebay for

4. hamacting

hamacting Active Member

There are a couple of threads on here suggesting that a basic charger may not do all you want.

From what I have been able to read and interpolate from what has been said, Micro-USB works in two modes - 500mA mode and 1A mode.

500mA mode (half amp) happens when you use a normal charger and cable. This is not enough to, for example, charge the phone while it is running navigation software and has a nice bright screen showing where you're going.

1A mode can only be entered when the two data pins of the connector are shorted together. This would normally be done inside the charger, so that you don't have a cable that can only be used as a charging cable and not a data cable.

1A mode might or might not be enough to keep the phone properly charged while doing navigation.

Anyway, bottom line is that you probably want a 1A mode charger.

After looking at all that, I decided to go for the official HTC one. I believe that this is it here, delivered for under

sandozer likes this.