• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Car charger voltage inputs

DCFC79

Android Enthusiast
Apr 12, 2010
uk
Ive been given a usb 12 volt charger to use with my desire which works whereas the official 1 doesnt (due to my car being french), question is on the official 1 it says input is 10 - 30 v 0.8A output 5v 1A and the 1 ive been given has input at 12 ~ 24 vdc output 5v dc 1A

would the 1 i have been given charge the phone ok

Ive been given a usb 12 volt charger to use with my desire which works whereas the official 1 doesnt (due to my car being french), question is on the official 1 it says input is 10 - 30 v 0.8A output 5v 1A and the 1 ive been given has input at 12 ~ 24 vdc output 5v dc 1A

would the 1 i have been given charge the phone ok

Identical outputs, so yep. The HTC one can just convert a wider range of input voltages than the generic one, but the generic should work fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones