Car ChargerSupport

Last Updated:

1. codered78

codered78 Member This Topic's Starter

I have a USB cigarette lighter car charger. Using the charging cable that the phone came with to plug into charger and into phone. When I plug it into phone, the orange light turns on for about five seconds and then turns off. I have three cigarette lighter holes in my car and all of them do this to the phone. Anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

Sounds like a problem with the cigarette/usb adapter, not the plugs. Try it in somebody elses car. If it doesn't work there, you've got a bunk adapter.

3. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Whats the output current of the usb adapter you have?

4. SARC

SARC Active Member

It's the charger. There's another thread on the same topic. Some charges work, some don't. I now routinely try all my friends charges when I get in their cars and the success rate is about 50%

There's obviously some form of communicatipn goes on between the phome and the charger when you connect them, and some matches work, while others dont.

It's annoying but once you have found a match, stick to it :)

5. SARC

SARC Active Member

It's the charger. There's another thread on the same topic. Some charges work, some don't. I now routinely try all my friends charges when I get in their cars and the success rate is about 50%

There's obviously some form of communicatipn goes on between the phome and the charger when you connect them, and some matches work, while others dont.

It's annoying but once you have found a match, stick to it :)