Car ChargerTips

Last Updated:

1. eugenekim618

eugenekim618 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,

I am using a car charger that is branded by Blackberry. (Yes, I used to have one of those crappy phones!)

I had previously made a few posts regarding my phone getting hot while running the Google Navigation.

I am wondering, is it ok to use any car charger that fits into the socket of the phone? Is there a functional difference? I hope I haven't screwed up the charging system or the battery if that is the case! The rep at the cell phone accessory store stated that it's ok to use any charger that fits...but then again, he could have just said that to sell a product.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

A micro charger is a micro charger to me. If it were some cheap, 1p thing off of ebay from HK with 99p shipping, then i'd be concerned but, if its a decent one, shouldnt be a problem. I use my partners Desire charger to charge my X10 and theres been no probs :).

eugenekim618 likes this.
  3. Madmax56

Madmax56 Well-Known Member

I have a blackberry micro charge, a motorola charger, a sony ericsson charger, etc.. I think you get the picture. I just use whichever one is handy either in the car or the house and they all work fine.

No worries...

Cheers

eugenekim618 likes this.
  4. Turkoes

Turkoes Active Member

Does anyone one have any 'issues' with the charging (via car charger)? When I plug mine in the amber light doesn't ligh (for a few mins) then once it does it flashes on/ off for a wee while then thereafter it charges and then after that it goes through the whole rigmarass again!

5. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

No, havent experienced that sorry. Maybe a dodgy car charger?

6. Turkoes

Turkoes Active Member

I thought that (dodgy charger), but same thing with the other one I got from supplier (perhaps it was teh dealer and dodgy batch)!!!???

7. mcjeffreys

mcjeffreys Active Member

I am using a Blackberry car charger, while using Google Navigation. Although it shows as charging the actual battery continues to discharge, has anyone else experienced this?

8. eugenekim618

eugenekim618 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Haven't noticed this with Google Maps. Will have to pay more attention to that next time I'm in the car. However, I did notice this issue playing games like Jewels and Robo Defense.

9. wynney666

wynney666 Well-Known Member

The original SE Car Charger is the AN300
    Sony Ericsson Car Charger AN300 | Mobile phone accessories
    It claims to be a Super fast Charger.
    Dont know how that Compares to the blackberry one,
    But as most ppl said, provided it wasnt a 1p ebay special it should be fine, just check power ratings.

eugenekim618 likes this.
  10. Dunc-x10

Dunc-x10 Well-Known Member

I used Google Navigation for a 300 mile round trip yesterday on the way though the 1st 150 miles I didn't need to plug the phone in but when I got there my god how hot was my phone to say it was hot is a understatement, anyway on the way back I knew I'd need it plugged in so I did so and about 100 miles on the way the phone died :( the charger was working as the phone reset and came back on but without Google Navigation on it was charging.
    The only thing I can conclude from this is the phone was draining faster than it was charging with Google Navigation running. :(

eugenekim618 likes this.
  11. mcjeffreys

mcjeffreys Active Member

I thought that I might try the SE AN300, has anyone else had experience of this charger?

12. wynney666

wynney666 Well-Known Member

not yet mate, payday end of month
    lol

13. Gurba

Gurba Well-Known Member

I've got it but only just plugged it in to check if the phone was charging since my Holux charger didn't do the trick. It charges. :)