Car Charger

Last Updated:

1. my menace

my menace Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Will any USB car charger work for our Hero's? i.e. will a cigarette charger with a USB plug designed for an iPod work to plug my phone into?

Advertisement
  2. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

In theory it should. However, I just ordered one this morning off of eBay, that is intended for the Droid Eris (practically the same phone) and has the Verizon logo on it. It was only $5.00 and free S/H. Check um out, eBay search "OEM Sprint HTC Hero Car Charger".

3. DrkDragon

DrkDragon Member

I use my Garmin car charger on my Hero all the time. The Hero is using a Mini USB slot, but with a different shaped plug in, so we are 'supposed' to use only their cables. However, any mini USB cable fits in there and works.

4. Pantera72

Pantera72 Member

Its a mini usb, not micro, the rest is dead on though. HTC uses its own propriety type plug so the HTC chargers will work with HTC phones only. However the plug still conforms to mini-usb standards so you can use any mini-usb charger to charge an HTC phone. In other words, I can use my g/f's blackberry mini-usb charger on my HTC phone, but she can't use my HTC charger on her blackberry.