• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Car Charger?

icrazy2u

Aug 1, 2010
I have looked on eBay for car chargers and was just wondering will they work. I remeber reading a post about how some chargers will light up but its not enough to charge the phone so the battery goes down anyways. So where can I find the cheapest car charger, or will the ones on eBay work? Cause I do like the combos they have on there. Like screen protector, case, car charger, etc.

Upvote 0
You can also just get one off monoprice.com where they have already been confirmed to be 1A chargers and they're only like $3 shipped. :)

Monoprice is dirt cheap but I bought 3 car chargers from there and none of them work properly. They seem to charge for about a second, then off a second, then back on.. Supposedly they are 1A but it does the same with my phone, a friends aria, and my girls blackberry. A little disappointing but atleast I got a functional USB cable out of the deal.

Upvote 0
Monoprice is dirt cheap but I bought 3 car chargers from there and none of them work properly. They seem to charge for about a second, then off a second, then back on.. Supposedly they are 1A but it does the same with my phone, a friends aria, and my girls blackberry. A little disappointing but atleast I got a functional USB cable out of the deal.

That's odd. My two car chargers work perfectly fine, just as good as the HTC wall charger, though I bought them in the winter to use with my previous phone. Maybe they changed something in the build at some point? I know the 1000mA USB wall charger I got from monoprice is troublesome with charging.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones