Car ChargerAccessories

Last Updated:

1. CheesyPeteza

CheesyPeteza Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone recommend a car charger?

Ideally I'd like a holder which charges too without having to plug a lead into the phone. I mean the charging plug is part of the holder, so you can place it in, in one movement.

I used to have one of these for my old nokia, I haven't really seen them around these days...

Advertisement
  2. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

How about one of these ... HTC Desire HD Car Upgrade Kit - CU S400 ... ?

Not got one myself, just noticed it as I was idly trawling the web for DHD *accessories* on a day when I'm sitting at the computer feeling decidedly the worse for wear! (Virus, not alcohol before you ask!!).

Personally I've already got a pukka Nokia car charger wired up inside the dash which has a 2mm round connector. Just waiting for the adaptor cable to goto a microUSB connector and then I'm all set. It has to fit the wife's phone as well you see.

Dave

3. CheesyPeteza

CheesyPeteza Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That looks perfect, except for one thing, the price. I'm not willing to pay that much.

I think I also need to wire up the charging point somehow so I don't have a cable hanging around, but I guess I'll have to do that with whichever one I get.

4. paranut

paranut Member

Well, I've ordered one of those. Having ordered cheap solutions before and suffered from the sucker plastic hardening so it won't stick to the windscreen, I;ve decided the extra will be worth it this time. This particular one seems to use the same system TomTom now use for their devices to stick to the windscreen so it gets less abuse due to it's shorter stem and the sucker can be tightened as you need it rather than a single ratchet setting that fails after 6 months at most, IME.

It'll also be nice to be able to charge the device without having to fiddle with a separate lead being plugged in as it all seems to be built into one.

And.... Quote
    "NaviPane - Attach the HTC HD2 Car Upgrade Kit and your device automatically activates the "NaviPanel" interface that provides quick access to all the essential phone features while driving."

NOTE: This device isn't really for the DesirHD. It is for the HD2 but the supplier assures me it fits perfect so we will see. You can look at the HTC website for the official accessories, amongst which there is no car cradle such as this (yet).

I'll put some feedback on when I get to try it out later this week!

5. Brewster0101

Brewster0101 Well-Known Member

We have a large tesco's local to me with a large phone section. I got my car holder from there for less than

6. gabbyevs

gabbyevs Well-Known Member

anyone know of a good place to get just the charger?

7. RussWWFC

RussWWFC Well-Known Member

Just the charger fella - any standard USB car charger will do, I've got one with 4 sockets and an FM Transmitter on it, bought it from eBest24 for about

8. Netherdragon

Netherdragon Well-Known Member

9. gabbyevs

gabbyevs Well-Known Member

thanks nether

i was looking for maybe one with the cable aswell though so i can leaveit in the car

10. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

I just use my pukka Nokia one with a 2mm end. Nokia also do an adaptor cable to change the 2mm (or older 3.5mm) end to a micro-USB end. This way I can use the same charger for my wife's Nokia and my DHD. OEM Nokia charger was about

11. eddiewawa

eddiewawa Well-Known Member

I hope i can still use my old car charger and car holder for my hero. it was a generic holder for all sorts, cost

12. sonesh

sonesh Well-Known Member

I really wanted a charger with a retractable cable (my old nokia had one). It means the cable is only as long as it needs to be without any slack, and it doesnt pull on the phone/out of the socket like the spiral cables.

I couldnt find one, so bought the two seperately (totalling