• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Car Charger

CheesyPeteza

Oct 7, 2010
Can anyone recommend a car charger?

Ideally I'd like a holder which charges too without having to plug a lead into the phone. I mean the charging plug is part of the holder, so you can place it in, in one movement.

I used to have one of these for my old nokia, I haven't really seen them around these days...

How about one of these ... HTC Desire HD Car Upgrade Kit - CU S400 ... ?

Not got one myself, just noticed it as I was idly trawling the web for DHD *accessories* on a day when I'm sitting at the computer feeling decidedly the worse for wear! (Virus, not alcohol before you ask!!).

Personally I've already got a pukka Nokia car charger wired up inside the dash which has a 2mm round connector. Just waiting for the adaptor cable to goto a microUSB connector and then I'm all set. It has to fit the wife's phone as well you see.

Dave

Upvote 0
Well, I've ordered one of those. Having ordered cheap solutions before and suffered from the sucker plastic hardening so it won't stick to the windscreen, I;ve decided the extra will be worth it this time. This particular one seems to use the same system TomTom now use for their devices to stick to the windscreen so it gets less abuse due to it's shorter stem and the sucker can be tightened as you need it rather than a single ratchet setting that fails after 6 months at most, IME.

It'll also be nice to be able to charge the device without having to fiddle with a separate lead being plugged in as it all seems to be built into one.

And.... Quote
"NaviPane - Attach the HTC HD2 Car Upgrade Kit and your device automatically activates the "NaviPanel" interface that provides quick access to all the essential phone features while driving."

NOTE: This device isn't really for the DesirHD. It is for the HD2 but the supplier assures me it fits perfect so we will see. You can look at the HTC website for the official accessories, amongst which there is no car cradle such as this (yet).

I'll put some feedback on when I get to try it out later this week!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones