car chargerAccessories

Last Updated:

1. zebug

zebug Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Greetings Droid 2 forums, I usually hang out over with the Eris folk but my wife went and one up'd me and got herself a Droid 2. Anyway, does anyone have a good suggestion for a decent car charger? I know I could just go the Verizon store but I feel like they enjoy raping me on the price of accessories.

All I really know to do is surf Amazon but wondered if anyone knew of a good place to shop.

For instance, would this charger work?

Amazon.com: Motorola P513 Vehicle Power Adapter MicroUSB Rapid Rate Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories

Advertisement
  2. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

Any car charger with micro usb will work. The quality of the car charger is your choice. That looks like a pretty nice one in that amazon link you put up.

zebug likes this.
  3. 2istyroads

2istyroads Active Member

Don't buy a cheap quality one. I bought one china status n when I plug it in it wont charge n my droid says I have the wrong battery. So yea just a heads up.

4. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

I got a motorola one online for about $15, works great.

5. ArthurIhde

ArthurIhde Well-Known Member

i dont buy the cheap one [​IMG]

6. lance-tek

lance-tek Well-Known Member

I have a charger for my BB (Micro) and I was wondering if it would work or hurt the battery. The A/C charger that came with my D2G is a 5v 850mAh.

My car charger for the BB is 5v 500mAh will this cause any issues? I know jack about electricity in this case...

Thanks,

-lance

7. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

I have used a BB charge and it worked for me, I never looked at the details but from the bit I know about electricity the voltage is the most important and that is the same.

8. tman065

tman065 Active Member

I've used this one since March. It works well on my Droid. Just ordered a couple more for wife & #1 Son to use on Droid2

9. vikki

vikki Well-Known Member

I've been looking into type of charger as well, and going though a number of chargers and going on my second smart phone, I've finally decided to start looking for one of those car adapters with dual USB charge ports. I've seen them for around $10 and if I can get the right USB connector I'm set for now and in the future until they replace USB connectors. For now my iphone charger from AT&T has an extra usb port.