Car chargerTips

Last Updated:

1. Andronix

Andronix Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What do you guys use to charge the phone in the car? I tried few noname 12V to USB adapters, but they're not recognised as chargers although one of them had up-to 2A output current. I guess additional electronics is needed.

Found this posts:
    "I have a usb charger from iPhone and a usb charger from Sony Ericsson X1, neither can be used to charge my galaxy (via the usb cable come from my galaxy)."

"For example I have my old HTC one - Mini USB tho - which works ok. I might have to chop it up for my samsung..."

So, this may work as it works for Droid:

http://shopper.cnet.com/power-devices-batteries/motorola-p513-microusb-car/4014-3509_9-32786492.html

Advertisement
  2. mckjerral

mckjerral New Member

I just picked up a micro-usb charger from ebay and it works fine, it can be a bit tempremental but I'd put that down to a dodgy cable rather than any incompatibility.

3. NoUse4aNick

NoUse4aNick Well-Known Member

In my case is simpler: my car audio has got an USB port so I use the data cable :)

4. mckjerral

mckjerral New Member

that's not a bad plan at all, I hadn't considered that one, will try it tonight

5. Andronix

6. beitinsw

beitinsw Well-Known Member

7. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

I picked up a Philips-branded cigarette lighter > USB adapter from somewhere scabby like TK Maxx for about a quid, just jack the stock uUSB cable into it and it works a treat.

8. briany

briany Active Member

I bought a Samsung brand micro-usb charger from Amazon, just because I wanted to make sure the cord would work with the Galaxy, and it charges great

9. James Bell

James Bell Well-Known Member

Has anyone found a car charger that charges at high-speed instead of the slow "usb" charge speed? I've found that my AC charger works about 5 times faster than my usb car charger.

10. Andronix

what the label say about mA output?

11. James Bell

James Bell Well-Known Member

I can answer my own post. The Motorola P513 charger ($7.27 at amazon) works fast and is shown as "outlet power". Too bad it has an obnoxious design and blue light.

On the other hand the Griffin PowerJolt Dual shows as "USB power" and charges quite slow. It's well worth the trouble to get the moto unit.