• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Car Chargers (Great deal on Amazon!)

WarJorge

Feb 18, 2011
So I'm looking at these two chargers from amazon. One is the actual verizon charger (Not an OEM if you purchase it from AMAZON for about 35 cents more), the one that costs 29.99 through a Verizon store. Be sure to add it to your cart from AMAZON and amazon only, not the OEM shop, etc.

Amazon.com: Verizon Vehicle Charger with USB Port: Cell Phones & Accessories

However, I also saw another charger from motorola that was also micro-usb but it said rapid rate charger, and a review posted that his phone read it and charged as if it were plugged into the wall. Is this any better or is it essentially the same thing?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...92810-48N619-1F040957&creativeASIN=B0461X7Q3I

Reactions: slckofit
Upvote 0
Just got mine yesterday. It works great. The salesman at the verizon store was such a pushy A-hole. I told him I was gonna get a charger for 5$ on Amazon as opposed to the 25-30$ Verizon one and he told me that any other brand besides Verizon is dangerous for your phone. I declined and then he went on his insurance pitch. And he tried to sell me a case, extra wall charger, screen protector, bluetooth headset, extra battery, etc, etc. Unbelievable. Back on topic, yes, it works great!! Get it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones