• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Car chargers?

Panic

Lurker
Aug 2, 2010
I'm looking for a cheap basic car charger. Not really looking for a dock unless there's a great one out there.

What's the best that's around?
If you have a link, that would be of great help.
Any other recs?

thanks in advance!

(sorry, i searched all the threads last night and couldn't find an answer.)

Upvote 0
Check this out:

For only $1.00 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Car Charger (Cigarette Lighter) to USB Female Converter - Black | Car Charger Accessories

Car Charger (Cigarette Lighter) to USB Female Converter - Black = $1.16

It isn't the best around, but it's cheap.
You have a data cable, right...
I ordered a few, for a buck, why not...I should have them in the next day or so, I will let you know if they are worth a crap, some of the cheap one's I have come across in the past haven't been. :rolleyes:

I have a couple of these and they work great. Monoprice always sells quality stuff. Every cable I own came from that website.

Upvote 0
I have a couple of these and they work great. Monoprice always sells quality stuff. Every cable I own came from that website.

Same here - never had a problem with Monoprice.

I just ordered a car adaptor from the website about an hour ago when I was grabbing some other cables/connectors. Funny to see the adaptor mentioned in this thread as I was just going to post it.

Upvote 0
I bought a Cellet EVO charger from Amazon with the retractable cable. Thought it would be perfect except yesterday when I used it for the first time, the battery temperature (using Battery Status Pro) shot up over 109 degrees. I think the phone recognized it was too hot and stopped charging as well.

Is it normal to have a battery get that hot during charging? Are these other chargers doing the same thing or is it better to get the OEM charger (any OEM really since many fit these phones)?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones