Car Dock/Home Dock questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. darkstaff

darkstaff Member This Topic's Starter

To start, I'll say I've done much searching on my question, both on this forum and others. Plus, I've searched AppBrain using many parameters to no avail.

So, that little disclaimer out of the way....

I have a DX. My last device was the original Droid.

After the upgrade to Froyo on my original Droid, I noticed two really cool and, for me, useful dock functions that do not work with the Froyo upgrade on my DX.

Original Droid (w/Froyo): When I would put the Droid in the car dock, there was a nice little icon that said EXIT. Meaning it would go out of car dock completely when you touched it. Even the icon in the top bar would go away. Also, when I hit the home button, say out of Navigation, it would take me to my regular home, vice back to the car dock home. I LOVED this, as I dislike and do not use the car dock mode ever. This icon is non-existent on the Froyo car dock mode on my DX.

Next. Again, original Droid (w/Froyo. and I state this because with Eclair, these functions were not there): When plugged in for the night, I would touch my Retro Clock app widget, and (I don't know why, it just did) it would launch the Home Dock screen. (with weather, music icon, etc...) Now this I LOVED also, as I could set my alarm, check the weather where I was at, and even get some news headlines before going to sleep. Plus, it would then go into screen saver mode, dimming the screen nicely.

I would like very much to get this kind of functionality back in both instances.

Does anyone have any ideas for apps that would kill the car dock mode completely, either permanently, or at least every time I put it in the car dock?

And is there some way to launch the home dock mode while in the car dock?

I am a truck driver, and the car dock is where I put my X to charge at night.

Thanks in advance for any input! (Hope I wasn't too wordy)

Advertisement
  2. darkstaff

darkstaff Member This Topic's Starter

Hmmmm, guess I stumped Android Forums.