Car Dock Mod?

Last Updated:

1. droidrew

droidrew Active Member This Topic's Starter

Is anyone working on a fix to adjust the default navigation link to point to Google Nav instead of Bing Maps?

Advertisement
  2. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

There are launchers in the marketplace that will launch Google Nav. The added plus is that they also save your favorite destinations. Put one of these launchers on your homescreen and you don't have to use the car dock app.

3. knivez

knivez Active Member

I installed Custom Car Home but i'm not sure if it would launch as the default car app when used within the Car Dock accessory. I'm not sure if you can clear the defaults on this phone and make this one the default.

4. droidrew

droidrew Active Member This Topic's Starter

Well, keeping the dream alive and trying to figure out if there is a way to rescript it myself. Hopefully I don't break everything in the process, never really gotten into the code before so if anyone out there has the time and motivation, I'd be willing to purchase a donation version on the Market :p

5. Bwangster12

Bwangster12 Well-Known Member

To clear any app from being a default, go to the main settings. Navigate through ‘Applications’ into ‘Manage Applications’
    Now on froyo pick all, or on older PS press the menu button and change the filter to ‘all’
    Find the app you want to clear. In this case find ‘Car Home’s and select it.
    Now scroll down and press the clear default button.
    Next time you dock you will get the menu to set the desired default again.

Does this work? Now can you choose Custom Car Home and have it launch automatically?

6. smilepak

smilepak Well-Known Member

I am interested in this too...

Being able to replace the launch of bing and vzw nav with google stuff on the car dock mode

7. summerfish

summerfish Well-Known Member

The most simple way of doing it is downloading Custom Car Home. You can setup whatever apps you want on it. When you dock it, you will get the option to run which program and you select the Custom Car Home and make it default or clear the default of the OEM Car Home. It's simple. At least until someone may take the time to crack the .apk for the OEM Car Home.

MJMcMahon likes this.
  8. howdy

howdy Well-Known Member

you can't clear the default for the system car dock app, I will give the custom car home app a try..