1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Car Dock ModeGeneral

1. mazeeff

mazeeff Member

Does anyone know how to get this phone into car dock mode? I know that other Samsung Android phones require shorting two pins on the micro usb connector, but I have not read anything on this phone. It would be nice to have the car dock interface while driving. Thanks,

Mike

Advertisement
    :
  2. coyote1

coyote1 Well-Known Member

I don't think this phone has an official "car dock mode".

I use AutomateIT Pro, plus a magnet I installed in my car mount, to create a custom car dock mode. It senses the magnet plus the power cable, and turns on all the features I want in the car.
  3. msaeger

msaeger Well-Known Member

What senses the magnet? the phone?
  4. mazeeff

mazeeff Member

I will give one of the aftermarket apps a try. I notice that Google has a free app called "Car Home". I may give that a try first. I am really surprised that this phone is missing the dock mode feature. If I am not mistaken, other Samsung Android phones have this feature built in.

EDIT: I just found out that Google Car Home, is "incompatible" with my phone, so this seems to further verify that the Exhibit II is lacking built in dock mode.

Mike
  5. coyote1

coyote1 Well-Known Member

Yep. The phone has the ability to sense magnetism. A strong magnet near the bottom of the phone can be used as a trigger todo almost anything; move the magnet to the other end of the phone, and it can trigger something else. My wife's DroidX has a desktop cradle that uses magnets the same way.
  6. mazeeff

mazeeff Member

I found a good car dock app, that I really like. It is called Car Home Ultra, by "Thespinninghead". It has automatic day/night mode, and works well at arms length.
  7. Intercepter

Intercepter Well-Known Member

Has anyone done this using a magnet with the exhibit 2? I find this interesting and tried using a pretty weak magnet but no luck.
  8. Slimboy Fat

Slimboy Fat New Member

Will the magnet trick work with the Samsung Galaxy Ace?

TIA