• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Car Dock, Multi-Media Dock, Car Charger ALL 3 < $35 including tax and overnight ship.

Does the car mount come with charging cable as well? I saw a similar Motorola branded DROID mount at Best Buy that says it comes with a charging cable, but the VZW site does not say
It does not. The combo package comes with a car charger though. If you need another you should be able to pick up a USB to micro USB cord cheap on ebay or something, there are lots of threads about where to go if you do a quick search here... but if you need just the 1, might just be best picking up the combo. The dock alone after sale would be $19.49 without a charger. For $32.47 you could get the dock, a charger, and the multimedia charger. I don't care about alarm clock mode... to me its another charger in a different room for convenience.

Upvote 0
I posted this in another thread but I know a lot of people are pulling the trigger right now and I wanted to post this where it might be seen quicker and save people money. Hope this is not a problem, not trying to spam or anything.

Multimedia Bundle

$49.97 for Multimedia, Car Dock, and Car charger. - 35% ($17.50) = $32.47 for all 3.

If the link doesn't work check out "DROID Window Mount & Mulit-Media Power Package", normally 89.97, on sale for $49.97 before 35% discount. Use promo code "Droid35" at checkout.

I saw, I ordered, I registered as a new user here. Just got my Droid Tuesday, and I'm happier than a pig in sh*%!

Upvote 0
Got my bundle today, so finally opened the docks up. The multimedia dock is nice I guess, but I definitely wouldn't have paid $30 for it. The car dock however I am impressed with. Pulling it out of the box I could tell it was well made. The locks all feel very secure when tightened, and it's not made of cheap plastic like most mounts I have seen. Once I stuck it to my window, I pulled on it a few times and that thing is not going anywhere. An yes, you can still slide out the keyboard while in the mount. If you have a case, you only have to take the back part off to use the mount, the half covering your screen can stay on.

Glad I waited to get a good deal on the oem mount.. I also purchased a motorola right angle microusb adater a while ago for like $4 that I plan on attaching to the mount so it's easier to plug in the phone. Oh, the charger that comes in the bundle is pretty nice also.. it is a generic Verizon branded one.. but I used the gps all day while streaming pandora and my battery didn't budge while on this charger.

Upvote 0
Droid35 promo no longer works. The bundle is still cheaper than buying individually, but the deal is much less tempting now.

Yup. I was so psyched about the $32 deal. But it's not tempting me at all now. Fact is, I wasn't planning on shelling out money for things like the Car Dock and Multi-media dock. I'm so sick of buying specialized accessories just for my phone to be outdated a few months later. It just wasn't worth it to me. But when I saw how cheap I could be getting this bundle (with the car charger which I intended to buy anyway), I jumped at the idea. Unfortunately, I missed my opportunity.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones