Advertisement
    Hook likes this.
  2. smitty24

smitty24 Well-Known Member

nice review.

thats a pretty sweet text convo between you and your mom. lol jk

3. GrenadeTech

GrenadeTech Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, nothing like grilled cheese and tomato soup. 720p video review is now up.

4. 150_cav

150_cav Well-Known Member

5. ianr

ianr Well-Known Member

Video review would have been better without the music! Had to turn the sound off. Dock looks good though, sadly I don't think it's really optional as the battery gets drained even when being fed power through USB, the USB port can't take enough power to overcome the draw of the GPS and screen so the dock looks like it's necessary for long trips. Shame I've got 4 cars!

6. ianr

ianr Well-Known Member

Hmm, I've just been playing with charging leads and a battery graphing app, the app tells me if I'm charging off USB or AC, and when plugged into the same USB port, one lead says "USB" the other says "AC" and the charging rates are much faster when the phone thinks it's on AC. Looks like the phone restricts its current draw when it thinks it's on USB so I'll see if the "AC" lead permits the phone to draw enough current to overcome the current draw of the navigation apps. Both leads are recharge-only leads, i.e. not sync cables, so must be some difference between the wiring in there somewhere, e.g. data pulled high or low.

7. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I just can't bring myself to like the look of the dock. Think I'll stick with the Brodit one for now.