Car Dock with Protective Case

Last Updated:

1. mann

mann New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Droid with protective case...is there any car dock that works with the case? I got a Droid 2 car dock based on the recent video and it does not work with the protective case.

I have the protective case that Verizon sells with the criss-cross pattern on it. I don't see any other markings to identify it more clearly.

I need a solution where I can dock the Droid in the car (with power to the Droid) while still in the case. Does anyone know of a combination that works?

I searched the forums but could not find an answer to this specific request.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. NHARRISON1969

NHARRISON1969 Active Member

I have the same issue. I was going to check out a universal dock (you can get them at Walmart, etc.) and see if I can get that to work given that we now have 270 degree rotation and just use the "car home" icon to enter car mode.

3. global2

global2 Well-Known Member

The Seidio line has many options. Their Innocase fits their car and desk dock. Car dock a bit expensive. I have the desk dock and love it with my Innocase. There are other threads about this subject.

4. csdonotcross

csdonotcross New Member

I have the Seido dock for my Motorola Droid and it has some issues. When the phone/dock gets hot from being on the windshield, it stops charging the phone. If you are using google maps/navigation and not paying attention to your phone for it stopping charging, your battery will depleted. I have to take the phone out of the charger and hold it in front of the a/c vent to cool it off and then put it back in the charger. Sometimes it will start charging again and sometimes not. I wish it didn't have this issue because I love it otherwise. I like being able to have their case on it. My husband likes the Motorola dock but he can't have a case on his phone because of it. I'm too rough on phones for that.