Car docks/hands free sets

Last Updated:

1. Oshi74

Oshi74 Member This Topic's Starter

I found this dock that is almost what I'm looking for, but I don't like FM transmitters. I prefer just to use a cable for the sound since it's clearer and I don't have to keep fiddling with stations when I get feedback.

All the other docks that I've found are window mounted suction cup deals. Does anyone know of a dock that plugs into the cigarette lighter, but doesn't have the FM transmitter?

Advertisement
  2. fullcity

fullcity Active Member

I don't like FM transmitters either. As I posted in a similar thread, the Arkon universal is one such; I currently use it along with a tape deck adapter. Unfortunately it's not a gooseneck so it's not as versatile nor as sturdy as I would imagine a gooseneck would be. I'd love to find something that's charger-based but w/ a gooseneck instead.

3. Oshi74

Oshi74 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the link, that looks like precisely what I'm looking for. Luckily my car stereo has a mp3 jack so I don't need to rely on fm transmitters or cassette adapters.

4. MarkHirt

MarkHirt Guest

Just installed the ProClip devise holder in my 99 Cherokee and it is wonderful fits the phone like a glove.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jp89hornet likes this.
  5. fahertyps

fahertyps Well-Known Member

ok, have to ask...what's the pen for?? Rattle?

6. fullcity

fullcity Active Member

That looks pretty sweet. My only problem would be that I use a silicone skin around my Hero (gives it some protection in case I drop it, and I like the grippy texture) so I'm guessing a form fit holder like the ProClip wouldn't work. If they offered a universal holder, I'd be really interested.

7. MarkHirt

MarkHirt Guest

Writing :) No rattle, just like to keep one within reach

fullcity: it's a pretty tight fit

8. joseamirandavelez

joseamirandavelez Well-Known Member

the one from Sprint is adjustable and it comes with mounting hardware to put it anywhere. I have it and it comes with a plastic part with tape that you can stick on your dashboard...

Sprint - All Accessories

9. jp89hornet

jp89hornet Member

Howdy, I am getting my hero in a few days and I just wanted to say thank you... I have spent a few hours looking for pics of this dock, other than what is on proclip's website.

Is there an audio out port on the dock or do you have to use the headphone port?

10. MarkHirt

MarkHirt Guest

No audio port so I use the headphone port. In the Jeep in connects to the stereo via a $1.99 cassette adapter and works great.