1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Car estereo with android 2.2 os

1. cricho90

cricho90 New Member

Hello everyone ! Two months ago i bought a car stereo the brand is OEM and it comes with android 2.2 os
    I was wondering if there is a way to update the software ? The radio comes with wifi connectivity micro sd and with a usb port !
    I having looking around in the settings area but there isnt any option for updating the software

Thank you very much
    Christian

Advertisement
  2. Omar Days

Omar Days Well-Known Member

i doubt very much it'd get an os update pushed to it.

only other option is rooting and putting a custom rom on it. That's if there is support from the dev community to root and rom the thing.
    mikedt likes this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Generic Chinese Android car stereos are becoming fairly common now. The USB slot and SD-card slots are really intended for you to play your MP3s, either from a USB thumb drive or an SD-card.

For any chance of a software update you'd have to find the manufacturer's website, if they have one. I don't think there's any community developed ROMs for these things yet.
    Omar Days likes this.
  4. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member

2.2 is pretty old, unlikely the hardware is even up to spec for it--especially for a device selling new with such an old version.
    Omar Days and mikedt like this.