Car Handset Bluetooth problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. dj_1313

dj_1313 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I want to use my HTC Legend through integrated in the car BT handset (the car is Audi A6/2008). So sometimes it works perfect but sometimes the handset hangs so does the BT in the phone - I could not switch off/on the phones' BT and I need to restart the phone in order to pair again the two devices.

I have used the car hand set with my old Sony Erricson M600 phone and it worked with no problems.

Do you have any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. ScoobyDon't

ScoobyDon't New Member

My wife had a similar problem with a Nokia N97 Mini and the factory installed BT in a new Mitsubishi Lancer.

It may be worth finding out who manufactured the BT in your car, and check if there are any firmware updates available for it.

Failing that there may be an update for BT on your phone. From my recent experience it seems as if BT is not a consistent standard and so not all devices work cleanly together. Given the open nature of Android this may be an option.

Unfortunately with the N97 it looked to be a known problem with forum reports going back over a year. The formal response from Nokia was we should buy a Nokia BT kit. As Nokia would not do anything we exchanged the handset for another make after an hour arguing with Three and insisting on our consumer rights. We'll not be buying a Nokia in the future.