1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Car Home & Car Dock v2 - both loaded

Last Updated:

1. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I noticed today that when I place my Droid in its car dock, that BOTH the Car Home app and Car Dock v2 load (according to System Panel Lite). Car Home is currently configured as the default app for inserting the device in the dock, so why is Car Dock v2 loading?

Advertisement
  2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

I have noticed that it loads when I put my Droid in the night dock as well. Well, it shows as running in the applications list. I just always figured it fires up whenever it senses that it's in a dock. I don't worry about it, it's not a huge program and it isn't using a ton of resources. I force close it when I remember to check in the morning.

3. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just checked and it loads when in the desk dock for me too. The real reason I noticed it is that Copilot is such a memory hog that I was trying to give it as much memory as possible to work with, and I noticed that both Car Home and Car Dock V2 were loaded when my Droid was in the car dock, with Car Dock V2 as the default app. So I switched back to Car Home as the default for testing, and found that both apps still load.