car-home screen time out

Last Updated:

1. sgowrisanker

sgowrisanker Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I purchased a universal car dock form my moto droid and it fits well. I had to because the car dock from Motorola would not fit with the phone case on it. I usually have the map view while driving, but the screen turns-off. Is there a way or app to not turn-off the screen while using the car-home app. Any comments/suggestions is appreciated. THanks

Advertisement
  2. ItalianScallion

ItalianScallion Well-Known Member

Try ScreenModeWidget in the Market

3. sgowrisanker

Perfect, so far. Thanks!!!

4. ItalianScallion

ItalianScallion Well-Known Member

By the way, if you have it connected to a car charger, you could try:
    Settings > Applications > Development > Stay Awake (Screen will never sleep while charging)

5. sgowrisanker

Nice, thank you.

6. joneee

joneee Well-Known Member

I had the same issue. I didn't like ScreenModeWidget because I have to manually put it into screenON mode everytime I insert it into the car and it's a PITA. I like it when stuff like this is automatic.

I also did the second method, going into settings and changing so that the screen stays on while it charges, but I don't always charge it in the car, so I still ended up with the problem of having the screen turning off.

Your perfect solution? Download "KeepScreen" from the market. It's free and very handy.
    Basically you tell the app which programs you want to keep the screen on. For example, I chose Maps, car home, Stopwatch, camera, etc.

Now every time I turn those programs on, my screen stays on! Works perfectly on my Droid! Couldn't be happier now.

7. shark1987

shark1987 Member

do those programs have to be the active program for it to stay on, or just running in the background?

Cause I really only want it to ever stay on if I am doing navigation or in google maps watching my progress.

8. joneee

joneee Well-Known Member

It just runs in the background. I tell it which apps to keep the screen on for, activate the app and not worry about a thing after that. The app itself hasn't affected my battery life either.

9. bossmansmith

bossmansmith Member

The choosen program must be the active program - i had this installed but got frustrated when i would get a missed call because for some reason that changes the activate program - so i uninstalled it