Car ModeSupport

Last Updated:

1. nshaw75

nshaw75 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have recently bought a spare charger off e-bay, it isn't a htc branded one but just a cheapo Micro USB charger.
    When I plug this one in, I get an icon for car mode in the top left hand. I don't get this on any other charger I use (USB, Mains or car)
    What does this mean and how can you change your settings for this mode and why doesn't it show on the other chargers.

Any info would be great as it doesnt mention it in the manual, or I cannot find it. :)

Advertisement
  2. UKseagull

UKseagull Well-Known Member

There's been mention on XDA forums of car mode being activated, I think they said it's due to a couple of the pins within the USB jack being shorted.

Which charger have you bought?

3. nshaw75

nshaw75 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Its an unbranded mains charger, I was juste really wondering if this feature was avaialble and how to set it up. I would like to use my phone in the car with no time out function on the screen. I was able to this on an old phone and it was great as I link the phone to the car stereo.

4. Klaynos

Klaynos Member

I've tried fiddling with the car dock settings, you can find them by ensuring you have turned on the ability to search your settings and then doing a search for "dock" but I've had no luck actually getting it to activate.

5. paulcooper

paulcooper Well-Known Member

interesting.