car mount picsAccessories

Last Updated:

1. howdy

howdy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I picked up the car dock mount and desk dock and very happy with both, just thought I'd post a few pics of the car mount for those that may be considering it.

Both the car dock and desk dock automatically switch into navigation and multimedia mode (desk dock). And the menu for both seem to be pretty slick. Need to figure out how to get in and change the gps default from Navigator once rooted though.

One thing is that I don't think either would work with a case based on what I can tell. I'm hoping invisishield comes out with a full wrap for the phone, if so I'll probably go that route to protect it from scratches.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. fegriffith

fegriffith Well-Known Member

It looks so big in these pictures. But I like it.

3. JshWright

JshWright New Member

What's up with the gap on the right side of the phone? I assume that USB connector corresponds to the jack on the phone. Does is slide back and forth?

4. howdy

yea, you put the phone in and once in you slide the usb connection piece into the phone. I just wanted to show a picture of how that works. Once the usb is connected it switches over to the Navigator menu..

First picture shows it closed.

JshWright likes this.
  5. lonzom10

lonzom10 Well-Known Member

Looks good! Wanting to pick these two items up myself along with a body glove for the phone.

6. howdy

Here is a better pic showing it closed and default screen that comes up when the usb is connected.

Attached Files:

7. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

I have two coming in via FedEx, since Verizon didn't have any in stock. I agree that it looks very big... I'm mounting mine on my windshield and I'm afraid it's going to project too far into the cabin near my face.

8. xliderider

I never did like the car dock screen, even on my Droid 1. Is there a way to disable that or choose not to have that car dock screen come up, other than to press the Home icon while in the car dock mode?

Edit: I guess I'll just try Dock Nothingness when I get my mounts in. I don't like the car dock screen already, because it has VZ Nav, Bing Maps, and probably Bing Search. I like to use my Google Nav launcher app from my home screen. It saves all my favorite destinations for me.

9. howdy

mine took up too much space above the dash and it was too far away, didn't really want the cord all over the place. It isn't that big, but it doesn't go on my windshield well, nor does any windshield mount on my truck.

Not sure on the home screen. I'm guessing somebody will come up with a way if there isn't already.

10. howdy

It does look a little bigger in that photo since it is projecting out 6" or so from the dash. it seems pretty well designed and good size-wise to me.. I haven't used a car dock on a phone prior to this so I have nothing to compare it to, but I'm glad it's built well and solid.. It isn't going to move around on you.

11. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

What does the desk dock look like?

12. Rippin508

Rippin508 Well-Known Member

*** Deleted ***

13. Rippin508

14. Rippin508

Looks good.

How stable is the car dock? Any shaking when going over potholes or other rough roads?

15. lonzom10

lonzom10 Well-Known Member

Where did you score your car dock? I have called numerous VZ stores in my area and they do not have them and are not sure when they will get them. I have checked the VZ site but have not been able to locate them there either. Does anyone have a link they can share where I can pick these up?

16. xliderider

My Verizon store just ordered them for me with free overnight shipping. Just received mine via FedEx.

As I feared from the pics, the arm sticks out further than I like. I would be be happy with one half as long. :(

For me, it is a negative that the arm isn't a two-piece setup like 80% of the mounts out there with a locking pivot that can adjust for angle and reach. It is very ridgid though, I'll give it that. I'll have to see if my Fascinate can pick up a GPS signal from it's mounted position high up on my windshield and tucked under the front edge of my roof.

17. howdy

I see somebody already posted a stock pic for ya, there isn't much to the desk dock beyond that pic. it's basic, but appears to be easy enough to get in and out. Better than plugging a charger in all of the time and you have a nice clock, news widget, stocks, daily briefing I think they call it.. weather.. just some things to look at quick when the alarm goes off I guess.

18. howdy

very stable, it is well constructed

19. howdy

I ordered online the night of release.. use the FREEOVERNT code for next day delivery if you go that route..

20. amigajoe

amigajoe New Member

21. d1c1ple

d1c1ple Well-Known Member

22. xliderider

Well you certainly can't cheat the laws of physics. lol. If you come to a sudden stop, hit something, or something hits you, that thing (and your expensive phone) is gonna go flyin'.

23. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member

Thats what she said...:D

24. d1c1ple

d1c1ple Well-Known Member

i'll keep looking; been using garmin 265wt+dash pad without issues for 2 years even with some aggressive cornering; thing does a good job of staying put :)

25. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing the pics. I was considering this and the pics really help