Car mount that doesn't block the camera?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. nyfinest32

nyfinest32 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

basically what the title says. i would like to record videos of me driving. anyone know of any?

Advertisement
  2. thecraigj

thecraigj Active Member

Just find a mount you like and use a Dremel to make a hole for the camera.

3. o0Syn

o0Syn Well-Known Member

4. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

ProClip's doesn't. But you're looking at about $68 or so for the holder and dash mount for your car. It's also a hell of a lot nicer than any generic universal out there, but not everyone is up for that price point.

5. bls

bls Well-Known Member

I use this for my mp3 player, and I'm thinking of installing a second for my Epic (~$10 before s/h at Amazon and elsewhere):

Amazon.com: SoundGate M2 German engineered to safely secure your iPod, iPhone, Nano, Touch, Classic, Garmin, Cell Phone, Blackberry, Zune, MP3, or other portable device to your dash, or console: Electronics

The kit uses strong stickers to mount a hinged arm to your dash, and a low-profile flat plastic disc to the back of the device (phone, mp33 player, whatever). Flip the device upside-down, slide the disc into the mount, and swing the device back to right-side-up, and it won't fall or pop out. Swing the device upside-down again to remove it from the mount. (It took me a day or two to get used to doing this correctly but it's second nature now). The hinges on the arm can be tightened with a (supplied) allen wrench to make its position very stable.

You should be able to position the mounting arm on top of your dashboard (and similarly position the disc on the back of your Epic) in such a way that the camera should have an unobstructed view of the road.

Nice 1 minute summary video here from the manufacturer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gilKRJJy5sw