Car mount?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Cuda52774

Cuda52774 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering how many people have gotten a car mount. I don't think I can use the VZ mount as my windshield is too far away. I found this one and was thinking about getting it.

Powered Car Lighter Charger Mount for Samsung Fascinate - eBay (item 160463850446 end time Oct-31-10 17:29:56 PDT)

I like how it fits into the charger, is adjustable, and is close at hand. Plus I don't think this one will pull up the Car Cradle screen by default. I'll stick with Google maps thank you very much.

What do you guys think?

Cuda

Advertisement
  2. gonzo143

gonzo143 Well-Known Member

I bought the car mount and I like it. It could use an "elbow" to stick out and position better, but it is a sturdy mount. I like the fact that the charger plugs in the mount and not the device itself. That will avoid any stress on the connector and the charger cord. It does not default to the car dock, and there are many ways to use Google Navigator easily as your chosen guidance method. You can even download apps and personalize your own "car dock screen". Launcher Pro will make your use of the SF even better . Lots of adjustments available and the accessory icon screen can go horizontal not vertical like Touch Wiz.

The mount you showed looks OK. Personally I don't think I would like a mount sticking out from my car outlet. The other thing to consider with that or any mount is how secure is your phone. If you stop short or on bumby roads is that SF secure in that mount. The SF is not going to drop off the Verizon mount.

Believe me I hate (on principle) to pay the higher price for the Verizon mount...but I dare say.... it may be worth it.
    (Just make sure the mount will stretch enough to reach to you depending wear you mount it)

3. moonshine

moonshine Member

Search Amazon

4. iClark

iClark Active Member

Cuda,
    Did you end up getting it? I kinda like it.