1. Gnok31

Gnok31 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. weihl165

weihl165 Well-Known Member

I got 1 just like that on ebay for 10.00. It was for the nokia phone

3. ttran97

ttran97 Well-Known Member

We have two of those exact mounts from Amazon in our cars. But instead of clipping it to the vent, my dad drilled holes into the pop-out cupholder and mounted it directly to that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. SuperStuff

SuperStuff Well-Known Member

Will that car mount turn sideways if you want to use Google Map Navigation in the future?

5. ttran97

Yes, it will. The back of it is a ball & socket. In fact, the mount also fits my old Garmin GPS ball & stalk, so I can use it in my beanbag stand later on if I use it for a rental car or something.

6. rigamrts

rigamrts Well-Known Member

don't need to turn it sideways for google nav to work. i've got nav on my G1 worked fine up and down. it's about the only reason i still have my g1 activated.

7. falexs

falexs Well-Known Member

That's a great idea. I can now have a dash board GPS!

8. rigamrts

rigamrts Well-Known Member

that mount is no good if you mount it to the airvent cause it blocks the vent and thats the reason he mounted it to the cupholder. use to have one hated it evryday till i tore it off. didn't think of mounting it tho but i never like drilling holes

9. ttran97

It's wobbly when you try to mount to the vent. Plus, you do lose a functioning vent as you mentioned, too. Maybe some really strong mounting tape would work...? I wouldn't trust my nice shiny Eris with tape, though. hehe.

Another advantage to adding a mount is that if you don't have any sort of handsfree calling options, like bluetooth connectivity to your stereo or something, this helps a lot! You'll be able to see who's calling instantly, and it's easier if you have a picture associated with your contact. You can also add that HTC Widget for People and you'll get a page with up to 9 people that you can choose for quick dial. Then when you want to call them, just swipe over to that page and click on that person's face, then click the speaker phone and talk.

The speaker phone is pretty loud and you probably can't hear the caller too well if you're going on the freeway, but it seems like it would be loud enough on city streets. We have bluetooth in our cars, so we still do pretty much the same thing, except the sound goes out through the car stereo.