Car Panel home...not a home?!?! something happened

Last Updated:

1. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I had the carpanel that was released for the droid set up on my evo, with the custom shortcuts and background etc. I would see the 'car' icon in the notification bar, and when i hit the Home button, it would take me to the 1st screen of car home instead of back to launcherpro.

Long story short, I was playing around in /system and messed it up and lost carpanel. I re-flashed Fresh over it and was able to install carpanel and load it up. The thing is, theres NO 'car' icon in the notification bar, and when I hit 'home' I get pulled back to launcherpro.

This is not a setting issue as far as I can tell. I don't know why it no longer has the 'home' functionality which is really critical for navigating while driving.

Any ideas? Can anyone upload a working .apk? Maybe I just grabbed a wrong version and need to install another, or maybe Im missing a complementary file that enables the 'home' goodness.

TIA

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

if you hit home and it takes you to launcher pro with no questions asked and no pop up to select a home app it sounds like lp has been selected as the default home. have you tried cleardefaultshome to delete the home preference.

you are correct...it sounds like you could be an issue with the app carpabel due to the lack of the car in the notification "car" in the notification bar....but typically there is a setting to turn those off (from within carpanel)

I will see what I can find. this apk sounds like something I might be interested in

3. cabbie

i think i figured it out. i had installed the carpanel i wanted then tried to launch it use it a tasker profile. when i did that, there was nothing in the notification bar and hitting home would bring me back to launcherpro out of carpanel.

after that, today when i tried opening the appdrawer and clicked carpanel, it was there that i was given the option to "open with" and choose a default. I chose my preferred carpanel there. it was a true 'home' and the car would show up in the notification bar and hitting 'home' would keep me inside of it. Then I tried using the tasker thing i tried originally and it worked just fine.

Summary: I had to launch it from the appdrawer, select my preferred one as a default, before it would work as intended. Launching it from another means (like tasker) wont work until you launch it from the appdrawer. At least, in my case.

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

that sounds right

5. cabbie

yup its consistently working, hooray!

This could be much improved by allowing buttons for shortcuts instead of just apps.