• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Car Reversing Camera App - Hardware/Software compatibility question

ukmartin

Lurker
Feb 15, 2014
Hi

I have a desire to use my Samsung Galaxy S3 (soon to be S5) as the screen for a wireless TV image to be broadcast from a camera mounted at the rear of my car.

I THINK that TinyCam will be the best App for the purpose, however the bigger question is about the camera to use. My ideal solution, because it's the car I drive will be this one on the UK ebay site - "Rear-View-Reverse-WIRELESS-CCD-Camera-for-FORD-MONDEO-FIESTA-FOCUS-S-Max-KUGA" (sorry I can't post a link)

It's not made clear though if the radio signal that this uses is "bespoke" or if it's of the 802.11 variety that the Samsung phone can detect and use.

I'm sure that I read that it uses the 2.4GHz frequency band but of course there's more to it than just that.

If anyone can help with this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Martin

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones