car windshield holder

Last Updated:

1. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well between NDRIVE nad Google maps , I have no need for my tom tom gps anymore. I really like the car dock for the Nexus but its out of my price range right now. I wanted to ask if anyone has found a variant in a cheaper form. I dont mind having just the windsheild mount without the charger etc. I bought one a few months back and it was large and clunky. Has anyone gotten one that looks sleek and are happy with the build? thanks

I am thinking about this one
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Car-Mount-Holde...Accessories&hash=item3a5ccf2ff4#ht_1925wt_911

Advertisement
  2. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

Not a bad looking one at all, and the price is NICE! :D

I am in the same boat as you, I have sold my TomTom and use my N1 exclusively for navigation. Works like a champ, except I have no way to mount it at the moment. I am still deciding on something.

3. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

Seems like a nice windshield mount at a great price. Too bad I live in California though which wouldn't allow it :(

4. BiGMERF

i cant seem to find one her stateside, all the ones that look as good come from china. lol

5. duffer900

duffer900 Active Member

I ordered 1 of those china ones on ebay. It cost me a total of 3 dollars. Once i receive it all let you know how it goes. Some adhesive for the dashboard and a mount for your vents.

6. BiGMERF

Share the link bro

7. dilagable

dilagable Member

I have it. It was cheap and actually really good. Definitely worth the money if you can't afford the Google Car Dock. I would recommend it easily.

8. duffer900

duffer900 Active Member

9. BiGMERF

10. BiGMERF

11. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

I just searched ebay for what you ordered since the first link on post 9 didn't work. I guess the seller deletes it after it's sold or something. No matter, I see you posted another link;)

It looks like the same mount with a charger and sleeve, not bad. I didn't see that auction before but since I already have a car charger, I'm good with the mount itself. I wound up ordering the mount you posted this morning when I was half asleep as $4.50 seemed pretty cheap and worth a try. I doubt it but it would be great if the mount works over the Innocase II.

I would think it's even easy to drill a hole where the camera lens goes. The mount looks like it has an opening but I can't tell if its opened in the right spot. I'm not going to be doing laps on the Nurburgring but it's nice to be able to record video while it's mounted on my car:D

Well see, thanks for the auction link man!

12. BiGMERF