• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Carbon Fiber Chromatics Body Skin by Phantom Skinz on HTC EVO (Video Review)

The folks at Phantom Skinz saw the review and this is what they stated:

1) The reason that we have a small gap in the side strips is that
the pieces do/can be stretched. They can be stretched to match perfectly.
Go ahead and lift one and try it. If you need to warm it up it will
stretch much easier but you also need to make sure that you don't rip it.
2) The very slim area between the battery cover and the side pieces
are sooooo slim that most people could not align it properly and the pieces
would be so slim/thin that they would peel off over time. With the
pieces that we include and properly installed and heated, nothing should
come off. Different phones have different coverage, some more thorough
than others.

ALso on a side note . yes i did knock the camera off the tripod at the end .. kinda funny so i just left it in ...

Upvote 0
Awesome stuff man. I was contemplating returning my seidio and just going with a full body skin and saw your carbon fiber review. My jaw dropped.

One important question, the carbon fiber. I noticed it sounded like real carbon fiber in your video but does it FEEL like carbon fiber? Or is it just a carbon fiber print on some material?

Also after some use, do the sides/top/bottom peel at all? I had a full body skin on my htc diamond and the sides would constantly peel and attract lint/dust and they just ended up coming off completely.

Lastly, how hard was installation?

Upvote 0
Awesome stuff man. I was contemplating returning my seidio and just going with a full body skin and saw your carbon fiber review. My jaw dropped.

One important question, the carbon fiber. I noticed it sounded like real carbon fiber in your video but does it FEEL like carbon fiber? Or is it just a carbon fiber print on some material?

Also after some use, do the sides/top/bottom peel at all? I had a full body skin on my htc diamond and the sides would constantly peel and attract lint/dust.

in the video i tried to let u know how the texture is by scratching my finger nail against it ... it def is a nice texture and not some cheap decal knock off of it .. it is the closest think u will get to the real thing ..

and for now there is no peeling at all .. this thing is on tight.. the material is thicker then the basic clear skins out there ... to get it off u have to heat up the material with a blower ... then u can peel it off...

for 20 bucks .. u get two screen protectors and the skin .. cant beat it

Upvote 0
in the video i tried to let u know how the texture is by scratching my finger nail against it ... it def is a nice texture and not some cheap decal knock off of it .. it is the closest think u will get to the real thing ..

and for now there is no peeling at all .. this thing is on tight.. the material is thicker then the basic clear skins out there ... to get it off u have to heat up the material with a blower ... then u can peel it off...

for 20 bucks .. u get two screen protectors and the skin .. cant beat it

How are those? Sticky like Zaggs or smooth and hard like glass almost? How long did shipping take?

Sorry for all the questions, I gets a lil excited.

Upvote 0
How are those? Sticky like Zaggs or smooth and hard like glass almost? How long did shipping take?

Sorry for all the questions, I gets a lil excited.

i didnt put on screen protectors ... i have a zagg on currently .. the zagg definitely got smoother over time.. i dont even notice the any type of grip on it ... these screen protectors feel a little tacky when i touch but def not as much as the zagg when i first put on

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones