• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] carbon rom repair project

LoopyD

Android Enthusiast
Nov 14, 2012
Michigan, USA
CARBON ROM REPAIR PROJECT

an interesting point was brought up in the thread so it has been re-directed to fixing the issues with carbon rom kk 4.4.4 by Dm. Bugs may be found in the source code that cause a memory hole on device system object fail. (black screen of death). See below...

Need ideas on fixing settings force closes. Vibration intensity screen and About screen. NFC and Bluetooth needs fixing. If any kernel crashes report here. Kernel may need repairs.

LOLLIPOP FOR LG OPTIMUS F6

has anyone proposed this idea? It requires the bootloader to be unlocked. If I get ahold of the image I can do it. I'm learning snapdragon assembly language.

This is a great phone. I could probably build from CM lollipop source with a proper device tree and a compatability layer for jelly bean device drivers and system objects. I have been messing with Java a lot. No more green kit kat cams. Lol . just so you know if I can dev a proper compatability layer this will solve the issue of missing drivers for new versions of Android

If you want to help or can provide knowledge inbox me please. I want to do this.

Also looking for devs for my group Quad Core . Need resumes for an application. What you can do and your experience and a personal message. Wanna be recognized for doing something awesome for the Android community? Inbox me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bard and lilcoward
idk perhaps you are right.course i havent paid attention to this because it looks like an official update from 12b they are not going to work on.the european model got it,whitch is what all these ports are basing off of.honestly if they would give us a normal ota update the custom roms would be alot better.im trying to get a new rig myself but the f6 im selling because i moved on to the htc one.good luck though,there are still alot of f6 users looking for breakthroughs in stuff

Upvote 0
If the cam image is appearing blue take an HTML color code analogy.

#FFF

Red 1 byte
green 1 byte
Blue 1 byte

Blue is #00F

The new cam driver is probably accessing video ram wrong (bug in code?) and the red and green bytes are being dropped.

Could be anything. A mistyped assembler instruction that is only writing to some random fixed location. Do me a a favor. See if any of the pixels in a raw dump of the cam image are not blue. If this is the case there could be a typo. Only one pixel of the image is probably white or a random color.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones