Carbon (the Twitter app) is FINALLY out!

1. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Advertisement
  2. flyingcloud11

flyingcloud11 Active Member

I prefer Twitter Lanes.
  3. sloheim

sloheim Well-Known Member

I tried it and found it underwhelming. It looks nice... but I didn't like that it didn't have the ability to cross-post to FB, and I while I could figure out how to add multiple twitter accounts, I couldn't find a way to switch between timelines.

I'll stay with Tweetcaster.
  4. mjpartyboy

mjpartyboy Well-Known Member

Can it be better than twicca, my go-to Twitter app (v0.A.3 is good if you don't want all the timeline assets Twitter forced on third party apps)?
  5. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

I've been a Plume user for years but I'm downloading Carbon now to give it a spin. Thanks for the heads up!
  6. dan44762000

dan44762000 Well-Known Member

tried the rest now i use the best - falcon pro ... no contest !
  7. CaptnSpaulding

CaptnSpaulding New Member

Tried it for a day but gone back to Falcon Pro - they both seem very similar actually only Falcon Pro has more features. I do wish FP would have icons to show retweeted/favourite tweets though.
  8. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

Too bad Falcon doesn't have a free demo version or I'd try that one too.

So far Carbon is pretty feature light. I like the minimal interface but there is no tweakability. I realize it's an early release and will improve but so far there's no reason for me to jump off the Plume ship.

I'll mess with it occasionally and see how it shapes up.
  9. bruce73

bruce73 Well-Known Member

Anyone see a widget on the horizon?
  10. nokmond

nokmond Member

Do any of the Twitter apps support push notifications yet?
  11. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Well-Known Member

There seems to be a lot of furor around the release of this app but I'm not seeing what makes it so special (well at least reading about it).