1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

card reader to use with OTG cableGeneral

1. bicycleman

bicycleman Member

Just tried a OTG cable and a card reader and using Nexus media importer. It will not read from the card reader. The reader works fine in my desktop. If I insert a flash drive into the OTG cable, that works perfectly. Is there a certain brand of card reader that I need?

Advertisement
  2. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

the card readers I've used are the micro-sd card reader from sandisk [​IMG]

as well as the mobilemate sd+
    [​IMG]

-also from sandisk. both read just fine.
  3. bicycleman

bicycleman Member

This is really strange. The Nexus does not recognize the card reader when it is plugged in. Even turning it off and back on does not help. However, when after a minute, the tablet enters sleep mode with the reader still plugged in, when starting the tablet again the card reader is recognized and works perfectly. Any settings I should look at?
  4. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

Nope. I'm rooted, using stickmount. No problems.
  5. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer Guide

Nexus Media importer does its own thing when recognising USB devices, it gets no help from the system.

As a result I'm not surprised that there will be some devices out there that have been missed by the small app developer but that are recognised by major OS developers, although I haven't (yet) personally come across any; it reads everything I've tried to use it with.

Perhaps the app developer could help if you contact him directly.