CardioTrainer causes HTC Evo to reboot when in a voice conversation for 5-10 minutesSupport

Last Updated:

1. HumbledHuman

HumbledHuman Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 27, 2010
    So I have read in a few threads (and news stories) this morning about how HTC Evo users have complained during a 911 call their phone has rebooted on them and although HTC has yet to identify the issue it seems to be related to the GPS feature actively being in use during the phone call that causes the phone to the reboot.

So that leads me to the purpose of this thread. I frequently use the application CardioTrainer to track the walks I take and I have noticed that if the program is running, (actively using gps to track and record my path,) and then I get a phone call, after 5-10 minutes on the voice conversation my phone will reboot.

It has done this to me 100% of the time so I just learned to deal with the issue pro-actively by swtiching back over to CardioTrainer and hitting 'pause' on the workout to stop the GPS functionality and then continue my phone conversation which will then go on for as long as I want without rebooting the phone.

Has anyone else encountered a problem with an application actively using the GPS functionality on the phone and then an incoming voice call causes the Evo to reboot during your conversation?

(I am hoping that HTC figures out this GPS bug that causes the Evo to reboot when its in use during phone calls because it can be a serious issue for someone calling 911.)

2. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Sep 9, 2008
    Not sure why this thread was deleted, but it has now been restored.