• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CardioTrainer & Fitness Apps

I've had success w/ Velox Pro for my GPS tracker (i'm an avid cyclist)
GPS tracker helped me find my lost phone (send a text to run the program from another cell phone to activate, then look on the computer to find your phone)
I've had success w/ PdaNet as my tethering program (until WmWifi is done)
Apps Organizer is a MUST, really keeps my home screen clean
Pandora and GrooveShark rock
Handcent SMS is great, for MMS too
AppManager is great for uninstalling and backing up programs to your sd card
OurGroceries has been great for my spouse and I to get current info on our Christmas shopping list :)

Upvote 0
I'm "using" Absolute Fitness.

I say "using" because it is not user friendly enough for me to use it constantly the way I did apps on my iPod Touch. It takes far too much work to put a meal in - desperately needs barcode input for foods because even though they have a large database of items it seems everything I eat isn't in there! (I'm talking about things like Strawberry Chex, Splenda brown sugar or Corona beer! not unusual stuff). It can take me longer to enter in a meal than it did to eat it.

If you want to customize the time or amount in an entry (which is basically every entry) you have to set each from scratch - I mean that the clock will show your current time so if you enter your meal three hours later you have to change the time on every item. And the measurements all go back to zero so you can't jut add one more egg, you have to start at zero and count back up to six eggs. Doesn't sound like much, but when you are doing it it makes the process very long and tedious.

I've tried a number of them though, and this one seems to be the best for calorie tracking. It's the only one with any sort of running total. Charts are okay - at least they have some.

The "fitness" part is misleading - all it does is track activities like "running 5 mph" - you can't, for instance, use it as a weightlifting log. You can go in and add custom exercises, but to enter an hour long routine would take forever - you'd have to add a new activity for each set, etc.

You can't track your measurements.

Hours of sleep is in full hours, no half hours (just a minor annoyance).

I give it two, maybe three stars out of five, but I have to say it seems to be the best one in the market. Somewhat disappointing.

ETA: I also tried Calorie Counter which does have barcode scanning, but apparently no reports except your one day's diary - no weekly total or anything. Lame.

Upvote 0
I use calorie counter, too, and Cardio trainer, and C25K.
You can look at your overall progress on Caloriecounter (fatsecret online) and your exercise, but not much else. I don't use it that often, only if I notice I'm eating a lot of crap, so that hasn't been an issue. I do like that it remembers food, so if I repeat meals a lot, I don't haveto put much effort into entering it in the log.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones