CarDock v2 Now Supports Widgets

Last Updated:

1. icecold

icecold Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The latest update for CarDock v2 now allows for 1x1 widgets. This was the one thing missing from the app. This app is a GREAT alternative to the stock Car Home app...

Advertisement
  2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

I got all excited this morning when I saw the update, I really wanted the power control widget...but it's too big :(
    It's a great step in the right direction though, and I do love this app!

3. icecold

There are plenty of 1x1 widgets to control everything on the power control widget on the market. Not sure if you have Beautiful Home, but that comes with all of them on the power control widget.

I currently have the GPS, BT, and Screen Brightness on one screen.

I just need to dig around on the market a little to find a 1x1 GPS widget that is one click solution.

4. Clementine_3

Yeah, I added the Curve Fish BT toggle widget, it works very nicely. I couldn't find a 'one touch' toggle for GPS so will continue to use the shortcut to settings option.

5. icecold

I see that Curvefish has a 1-click GPS toggle as well, but you have to restart either the BlueTooth or WiFi. Unless you are rooted, then it will allow it.

6. Clementine_3

I'm not rooted so it really wasn't any better than the shortcut for me. I installed it, tried it, uninstalled it. lol. Apparently there is no such thing as 1 click GPS without being rooted, dang it all.

7. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity what do you mean... one click gps?

8. Clementine_3

I'm looking for a 1x1 widget that I can add to the car dock homescreen that will just turn GPS on and off without taking me to settings. The Curvefish (and others) don't do that, they are more than "1 click". It's the same as using the settings shortcut really, just a prettier icon.
    The BT widget from Curvefish is 1 click, it just turns BT on and off...I want the same for GPS (like the way it works on the power control widget).

9. icecold

Not that it helps with the 1 click GPS, but I did come across Dazzle Configurable Switcher. It is a great replacement for the stock power control widget.

10. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

I appreciate the developer doing this.

But I don't quite understand why the widgets aren't the same size as the buttons. You can't put more than one widget in the space of one button, and having a little "tiny" icon sort of defeats the idea of the "giant" buttons in Car Dock, which are easy to get to while driving.