CAREFUL, screen scratches easilyAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Germwise

Germwise Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know we've all seen the scratch test that was posted a couple of days ago but hear me out.

Before this phone I had a droid and and Ipod touch. I had both naked in my pocket completely naked.

My ipod touch is a 1g that was bought the same week it was announced. Its been naked ever since WITHOUT a single scratch.

I've had my incredible for just over 3 days, always keeping it in my empty pocket with the screen pointed towards me in case I leaned against anything. Super babying this phone and I already see some small micro scratches on the screen.

Again this phone has never been in the same pocket as ANYTHING else and I've been taking care of it like crazy.

Just a warning to everyone who saw the scratch test, I notice with the knife he never used the point, just rubbed the side of the knife... I think many will be in for a surprise. I don't think this is gorilla glass.

Anyone have a zagg 50% coupon they could PM me? I'm going to buy the protector and count myself lucky its just a couple microscratches.

Advertisement
  2. Mjcanton

Mjcanton Well-Known Member

Idk what it is made out of - it can scratch. I even scratched my 1st gen itouch.. nothing is invisible

3. Shotgunx1x

Shotgunx1x Well-Known Member

You should invest in a screen protector for this phone, its to good not to have one. But besides that, my ipod touch 2g has always been naked and has received many scratches. Maybe your just lucky.

4. LAURCORE

LAURCORE New Member

I put the invisible shield kit on my last phone and then a week later the phone had some issues...it was covered under warranty, but of course I had to buy another kit...

5. FierceDeityLink1

FierceDeityLink1 Well-Known Member

Not sure if you bought it at Best Buy, but if you bought it from Zagg online, then you can return it within 45 days.

6. Eshyn

Eshyn Well-Known Member

I certainly hope not. I wouldn't want to bumpy into something I can't see.

7. Mjcanton

Mjcanton Well-Known Member

What do you have to do to return it..? I am thinking about returning mine - i saw the 45 day satisfaction guarantee

8. ssddyakno

ssddyakno Well-Known Member

I can attest that the ipod is almost impossible to scratch. I am mindful of it, but it definitely resists scratching really well.

HTC incredible screen feels similar but I think a screen protector is still a good idea, as a cell phone will see much more wear and tear than an ipod, IMO.

9. FlyPenFly

FlyPenFly Well-Known Member

Probably the anti oil coating

10. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

I've a scratch my itouch. It can get scratch if not careful.

11. FierceDeityLink1

12. BzB

BzB Well-Known Member

"Scratches easily" is alarmist don't you think. The screen is glass, not plastic. Plastic scratches easily. Glass is scratch resistant but not scratch proof.

I wouldn't say the screen scratches easily. I would say it is possible to scratch it unintentionally.

13. AndroidFantic

AndroidFantic Well-Known Member

Invisi Shield Full body for $35. i paid $35 for just the screen on my eris seems like a pretty good deal that i will be investing in

14. FierceDeityLink1