1. slatyford

slatyford Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Milestone on the coming soon page of carphone warehouse for Feb release

Advertisement
  2. epuiatti

epuiatti Well-Known Member

Motorola Milestone

Link for those interested...

http://androidforums.com/motorola-milestone/34418-motorola-milestone-coming-orange-uk-soon.html

i started a thread about this one week ago, i went into a carphonewarehouse and asked the dude about it he said "it will be on orange in a few weeks", then yesterday i went into orange to ask if i was due for an upgrade, they said yes. But then i asked about the milestone and none of them knew anything about it. Then i tried phones4u, o2, vodafone and none of them knew nothing about the milestone either...

3. slatyford

when I asked in carphone warehouse main store in Gateshead metro center they said they had no idea when the phone would be released but said that the SE experia x10 was due March.
    When I said the Milestone was on their "coming soon" page and the x10 wasn't I was greeted by the usual blank look only available with mobile phone sales persons

4. beansbaked

beansbaked Member

It is feb now and the milestone is listed on the carphone warehouse site still.
    Is this going to be part of a network launch in the UK or not? Am planning on buying this phone but I really want to avoid online purchase. Also if Carphone are picking it up independent of carrier deals, will the network officially "support" the phone or will it be down to dealing with motorola's somewhat shoddy customer service.

Anybody have a date for the availability in store?

5. matt.

matt. New Member

I work at carphone, and i'm very excited about getting the milestone in! as you have pointed out correctly, the website says it's expected this month. I think it's right, as the Milestone has finally showed up on the tills...unfortunately no prices and stuff yet, but the existence of a product code is a good sign that it should be in within the next few weeks. Also, purely speculation, but I'd say there's a very good chance of Orange getting it, since they backed the DEXT, and since it's available from expansys on a t-mob contract, i'd say there's a good chance that they'll bring it to the high streets too.

6. stevenage saint

stevenage saint Member

I spoke to a member of staff at CPW yesterday (Like Mat I work for them) as I want to upgrade to one, and I have been told Feb 12th is when it is released. They have got this information from Mobiles.co.uk a company of CPW.

7. lilac

lilac Active Member

8. beansbaked

beansbaked Member

any news of handsets in store? mobiles.co.uk has stock but no change on the carphone warehouse website......

9. slatyford

Went into a couple of branches of carphone warehouse today and none of them had a release date but everyone of them was suprised when I told them mobiles.co.uk had them as of today and that was a part of CW

10. lilac

lilac Active Member

Mobideal has tarriffs up now for the Milestone too:

http://www.mobideal.co.uk/show.asp?hs=milestone

Buymobilephones.net has the Milestone available now ready to deliver. I am very tempted! I sent them an e-mail earlier asking about their returns policy if you don't get signal in your house.

11. matt.

matt. New Member

its now available on carphone's website for back order, looks like its voda-only to start with..

Motorola Milestone on

12. hef

hef Well-Known Member

i ordered one for myself from buymobilephones.net today on t-mobile.
    according to them it should arrive via citylink tomorrow.

from the order page;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Motorola Milestone [​IMG]

3.7inch screen • Android 2.0 Operating System • QWERTY keyboard • 5-way navigation key • Bluetooth A2DP • 5MP Camera • A-GPS • Media Player • WiFi • 10.2Mbps HSDPA & 5.76MBPS HSUPA Fast Internet

13. slatyford

Now showing on pay monthly page 0f Carphone warehouse on T Mobile

14. hef

hef Well-Known Member

awww whit.

just got this through my gmail;

Hi Allan,

Thanks for your order. Due to high demand there is currently a delay in order processing.

As soon as we progress your order we will send you an email and ship your phone for next-day delivery.
    Kind regards
    Customer Services
    0844 880 8100
    Mon - Fri: 8:00am till 5:30pm
    Sat: 9:00am till 1:00pm
    www.BuyMobilePhones.net

i hope this isn't gonna take them ten billion years.

15. lilac

lilac Active Member

hef, I'm in the same boat. Except I ordered mine last night. They said stock was due today and now that I've checked, it says it's out of stock. No e-mail yet, so I doubt it's shipped today :( :(

16. lilac

lilac Active Member

hef, I have more bad news too! Nooooooo! I was hoping to get to play with it on my week off.......... le sigh.

Thanks for your order. You have passed our initial security check and your order is ready for processing however your Motorola Milestone is not in stock at the moment.

We expect it to be available again within 10-15 working days, so we are going to temporarily hold-off from processing your credit check until it is back in stock.

As soon as it arrives we will process your order, send you an email, and ship your phone for next-day delivery.
    Kind regards
    Customer Services
    0844 880 8100
    Mon - Fri: 8:00am till 5:30pm
    Sat: 9:00am till 1:00pm
    www.BuyMobilePhones.net

17. slatyford

I was in carphone warehouse yesterday and they didn't have the phone in store but said as it was on the website under pay monthly phones they said they would be able to get it within 2 days if I wanted on.
    They aren't free on contract,

18. hef

hef Well-Known Member

yeah i got the same email yesterday as well lilac. sucks ass.
    what deal are you getting?

i just looked at the carphone warehouse website and they totally are offering the phone free on contract but the minimum monthly tarrif is

19. lilac

lilac Active Member

I've gone for this deal, it ends up being about

20. hef

hef Well-Known Member

sounds like a good plan.
    unlimited internet is a total must for me as well. goes without question. i'm pretty much permenantly online.
    i'm hoping that i'm gonna be able to start leaving my laptop behind a little more often since i mostly just use it for email/internet, music playback and file transfers between my studio and home.
    as soon as i can get a 32gb card into this phone it will be capable of taking over those functions at least to some degree.

21. beansbaked

beansbaked Member

@lilac @hef

Same email for me too. Guess having waited this long 2-3 weeks isn't going to hurt! Does annoy me that they said 10-15 WORKING days, i mean that's just deliberately misleading for an online retailer...

22. Jabbypants

Jabbypants Well-Known Member

I had mine from buymobilephones.net and went for the

23. lilac

lilac Active Member

Jabbypants, thanks for the info. I wish I could help you on the SD card front but I'm afraid I'm not that knowledgeable in that area.

For those of you interested in getting one from Carphone Warehouse, I popped in today and asked when it would be available in store. My local store is pretty small, but the guy said that they will be shipping the Milestone to larger shops (Trafford Centre, Oxford Street, etc) this week and that their first batch is of only 400 units.

The pricing is already available in their computer systems in store.

24. hef

hef Well-Known Member

@jabbypants
    16gb cards are available now, speed difference between that and 8gb is pretty negligable. the 32gb cards will be available at the start of next month but you are looking at 150 squid for one of those badboys. i dont imagine they will be that much slower either, not enough to make you think twice about having a phone with a hard drive that big anyway.
    32gb card is on my birthday list for april.

@lilac
    cheers for checkin that out. looks like it will deffo be worth a three week wait for the buymobilephones.net deal.

25. beansbaked

beansbaked Member

just got this email -

Thank you for your email.

In regard to your query about the Motorola Milestone on T Mobile network, we confirm we received further stock yesterday. You will receive an email to confirm when your mobile has been despatched

If you have any further queries please feel free to contact us at enquiries@buymobilephones.net.

Sincerely,

Teresa
    Customer Service Advisor

looks like the t-mob contracts are good to go