1. HUGE Androidforums.com UPDATE! Learn what's new (and download the new app!)
    Dismiss Notice

Carphone Warehouse.General (Browse All)

Last Updated:

1. Helen100

Helen100 Member This Topic's Starter

hello, so its' my first post here. I've been waiting for this phone for ages now, and my 3 month early upgrade with orange is coming on Sunday so i nipped into carphone to see if i could preorder.

From what i understood from the guy they wont be getting these in store they'll be sending them out next day from the Warehouse (well this is what Shrewsbury said they'll be doing) and i think i heard a mumbling that they're only get 700 in the company?

i've seen people have worried about carphone, well my past 2 upgrades have been through them and i've had no issues with them at all.

Im so impatient for next week now! If it happens...

Advertisement
  2. gabbyevs

gabbyevs Well-Known Member

can you not pre order it to make sure u get one

3. SithSurfer

SithSurfer Well-Known Member

Spoke to local CPW and they said they'll have them just as any other handset. Saying that they'll only have 700 units was supposed to make you pre-order it with the chap you've spoken to ;) No worries, it's not a Limited Edition kinda thing :)

4. pinn

pinn Well-Known Member

Helen, I'm in the same boat as you - what kind of deal are cpw offering you as an upgrade?

5. SpencerUk

SpencerUk Well-Known Member

I've heard most outlets are getting very short supply. I'm sure HTC will sort that out.

would be funny...limited edition desire hd xD

Will only be the same as online

6. pinn

pinn Well-Known Member

Just spoke to CPW and they say Weds and reckon they are getting plenty of stock in...

7. Helen100

Carphone were offering me the 35 pound deal on orange that i want and no cost to upgrade which is what Orange probably would do (They wanted to charge me when i upgraded to the Tocco Ultra but CPW didnt.)

They wouldn't let me preorder in store they said they only take preorders online but said i should have no problem getting one sunday! Online wont let me upgrade online and cause my date isn't till sunday I dont really want to have to face any cost for a few days.

8. doonie

doonie Member

I received a call from CPW today as I had registered my interest in Desire HD on their website.
    Said they weren't able to offer as an upgrade on orange but was available as a new contract with orange. I asked if phones were in stock and the girl said no but they had been told that delivery to me would be between 7 to 14 working days.
    I then rang orange direct who said they will be getting the phone next month and will be available for me to do an upgrade. I am due an upgrade in December, so reckon I can hold out for a couple of months. Will be a nice christmas present for myself lol

9. Helen100

Well i'd try instore because the gentleman showed me the upgrade system and it was allowing me to go on Dolphin 35.

10. Diesyl

Diesyl Member

Initial reports stated that CPW were going to sell the DHD on o2, but the website is only Orange and Voadafone.

Does anyone know if it is coming on o2 at some point soon?

11. kungura

kungura Well-Known Member

So I just popped into my local CPW (baker street), and they had them in stock!! (black/black version), and i could get it with any contract (tmob, orange, whatever they were offering - so it's not specific to one carrier - which means totally unlocked).

the phone itself is quite lovely actually. fits nicely in the palm of my hand, feels like a real mans phone (sorry ladies). just the heft, build quality and weight of it, feels more.. UGGGGG (can't describe it).

anyway he absolutely wouldnt consider selling it without a contract because 'the phone's not in the system that way'... then when i offered him 100 pounds to 'MAKE IT THAT WAY' he was like.. well i'm sure we could work something out..
    rotten ba$****! lol.. btw i was just teasing him, there's no way i'd pay some shmuck 100 pounds to release a phone i'm going to get within a week anyway..

anyway initial thoughts were, very responsive, great feel, and no probs with the proximity sensor (i made some calls with my sim card).
    GAME ON BABY!

12. pinn

pinn Well-Known Member

Just got mine from phones4u - free phone on 18 month contract, 40 squid a month - think it's the panther package. Only jip is I had to go as new customer and have 3 months left on contract - seems like I have to pay an early termination fee of

13. alameals

alameals Well-Known Member

Just picked it up from cpw.voda 30

14. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

15. alameals

Copper colour but looks lovely,so far no problems,made a few calls and all gravy,so happy right now,runs so smooth.

16. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

17. alameals

great isnt it lol

18. gabbyevs

gabbyevs Well-Known Member

did u get yours as an upgrade ala?

19. jonrwg

jonrwg Well-Known Member

20. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

Not sure if it was in-store only but they did say that the deals don't appear on their computer until they're about to take delivery of the phone. They were unsure at first if I could upgrade with them as they have to wait for VF to say they can (obviously VF want first bite of the cherry). First I'd heard of this but it went through fine.

Yeah, 24 months is a longish time but I've had the E71 for 18 months and could have survived with it if pushed.. I'm a little past the 'must have a new gadget every 5 minutes' phase. Comes from having worked in IT for xxxx years ... :D

I do see where the carriers are coming from when they're extending the contract lengths. They do have to cover the cost of an expensive, in this case, phone.
    Dave

21. jonrwg

jonrwg Well-Known Member

i cant take 24months contract. is just too long for me. LOL. when ever a new phone come out in the market, i always wanted to change. too bad only T-mobile on MPD offer 18months. T_T

have to wait till next week then. impatient. LOL

22. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Sim free for me from now on.

It's not the contracts I object to, it's the branded phones.

23. SpencerUk

SpencerUk Well-Known Member

can't blame you

what happened to 12 month deals eh

24. gkh77

gkh77 Member

just ordered mine on upgrade through T mobile!!

25. desboro

desboro Active Member

Just read on another forum that CPW still dont know when they will have it available on o2.