• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Carrier IQ Romoval?

Bionic Chronic

Android Enthusiast
Feb 18, 2012
Michigan
Just found out that i have Carrier IQ on my phone. I have a rooted LG Marquee (Boost Mobile). From what I have read a lot of people have used custom roms to rid Carrier IQ but, there are none for my phone. Any suggestions on how to remove it from my phone safely without bricking or boot loop? Thanks.

I cannot wait for CWM to be compatible with the boost Lg Marquee. And even more excited if a custom rom is created afterwards. I have heard some people have done this but other bricking their phones. So I will wait til I am sure it won't. And thanks |Monster|, though never found a good app to work. Thanks also to Chevanlol360! I will look forward to that.

Upvote 0
is just a suggestion I'm not gonna try it till we get a working recovery and I'm on virgin mobile with mine so if i got to usekdz it's a whole situation. Any ways download es file explorer from the market and in its settings enable root explorer and mount system. Then go to favorites and select / and go to system/app and delete the apk and odex reboot and wipe cache and you should be good. Dont go crazy and just start deleting stuff or you'll brick yourphone and ha ave to use kdz

Upvote 0
is just a suggestion I'm not gonna try it till we get a working recovery and I'm on virgin mobile with mine so if i got to usekdz it's a whole situation. Any ways download es file explorer from the market and in its settings enable root explorer and mount system. Then go to favorites and select / and go to system/app and delete the apk and odex reboot and wipe cache and you should be good. Dont go crazy and just start deleting stuff or you'll brick yourphone and ha ave to use kdz
I actually have ES File explorer. not sure where to find carrier iq. Though update from today is PlayfulGod from over @ XDA Forums has developed a working CWM for the phone. Just waiting on testers to see if it is working before I try it out. I am sure after the CMW is proven stable and a custom rom comes about they will include removing carrier iq. Thanks for the idea though, I may still give it a try.

Upvote 0
I actually have ES File explorer. not sure where to find carrier iq. Though update from today is PlayfulGod from over @ XDA Forums has developed a working CWM for the phone. Just waiting on testers to see if it is working before I try it out. I am sure after the CMW is proven stable and a custom rom comes about they will include removing carrier iq. Thanks for the idea though, I may still give it a try.

its embedded in the kernel

Upvote 0
Its still difficult. And not all custom roms have it removed. It depends on who made it
Well hopefully I will find out who will be working on the rom for us since there hasn't been one made yet, and could ask them to remove it.. Just have to get passed the crucial CWM Recovery stage. Then I am sure devs will create a sweet ROM, and hopefully notice Carrier IQ is quite the hindrance to the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones