Carrier IQ

1. sillyname

sillyname Well-Known Member

I made an attempt to remove CIQ from my rooted mostly stock Precedent by directly removing thefiles myself, this resulted in a phone that would not boot. I recovered with Odin, so I am back to square one. For now I will just hopefully block CIQ with DroidWall.

Has anyone gotten rid of CIQ without having to pay for an app or having to install a third party ROM?

Advertisement
    :
    hespinop likes this.
  2. whompus60

whompus60 Well-Known Member

Why not just use Trevor Eckhart’s Logging Test App from XDA-Developers. Pay him the $1 and be done with it. After all he is the one that brought it to light.
  3. sillyname

Mr. Eckhart is a good guy for finding the info on CIQ, but I should not have to pay anyone to remove something that could be potentially violating my fourth amendment and subsequent privacy rights.

*sardonicism on*
    Worst case, I use my second amendment rights to protect my fourth amendment rights; shoot the phone; send a carrier iq a bill for a spent casing, the phone and loss of service.
    *sardonicism off*

https://ssd.eff.org/wire/govt/wiretapping-protections
  4. calirefugee

calirefugee Member

the app didnt work i used a factory rom with root i have a samsung galexy precedent it keeps giving me errors about busybox i have busybox pro
  5. PoorBoy52760

PoorBoy52760 Well-Known Member

AreaRom 3.0 will be completely Carrier IQ Free when it is released to the Public right now there are some minor issues with it, one is send and recieve mms pic msgs and 2 is low sound the dev team is working hard to resolve these issues..
  6. sillyname

Thankfully there are two working CM7 ROMs available.
  7. akashik

akashik Well-Known Member

Yeah, I checked the Pandabomb CM7 and it came up clear. I was pretty happy about that.