Carry DX or Droid1 & Galaxy Tab

Last Updated:

1. tarra3

tarra3 New Member This Topic's Starter

I was thinking about getting a Galaxy Tab and carrying that around with me along with my Droid 1. The more and more that I think about it I don't really want to carry 2 devices with me. To me the Droid X seems to be a cross between a phone and a tablet due to the huge screen.

How does everyone view their X, as a huge phone or a small tablet? Are there any apps out there that take advantage of the X's big screen?

Advertisement
  2. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

my buddy calls mine a tablet phone, I just think of it as a huge phone. I was thinking about getting a Tab but at a $400 price tag (rumor) I can't justify it. The only thing I can think of using the tablet for is notes in class, but even then, there aren't really too many good note taking apps out there for Android (Evernote can't do bullets and GDocs can't edit except spreadsheets).

3. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Tablet schmablet...

4. ghmerrill

ghmerrill Well-Known Member

Get the app documents to go, then you have all your notes in ms word format, which makes then super easy to do anything with. Couple that with a bluetooth keyboard like the freedom pro, and you have an awesome, ultra portable mini pc!

5. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I might consider it. I guess I could always sync it with Dropbox or something. Too bad it won't sync with Google Docs... It's rather pricey too.

6. tarra3

So what about battery life doing that? What's the battery life like on the X? Could I use it as a tablet and still make it through the day?

7. tennisplayer

tennisplayer Member

If you are going to do that why pay for 2 data plans. Just get a cheap flip phone or the Curve so you can email and text. It has crossed my mind.

8. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I have class tomorrow. I'll use my phone to take notes and post back

9. bostoniansurvivor

bostoniansurvivor Well-Known Member

If he rooted his droid he could use it as a wireless tether and eliminate this problem. Although I would say go with the X instead. Gives a plenty large screen and all the same functions but still fits nicely into your pocket.

10. tarra3

Forgot to say I would probably get the wifi version of the tab. I did the same when I had an iPad and just used the hotspot from my droid for internet if I couldn't find an open wifi spot.