• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Cartoon strip app

ocarolan

Lurker
Jan 11, 2014
Ok, I have broad experience of html, css, php (broad but not necessarily deep) but I need a kick start (emphasis on "kick", lol) as to what I should be doing in order to develop an Android app that I am interested in.

I publish a cartoon strip (adult content so may not be suitable for Google Shop, for example) on a regular(ish) basis.

It is always 4 panes, height is always the same, total width is always the same but the individual panes vary in width. I produce it in two different orientations (both single gif format) but, for the app, I am only interested in horizontal layout. There is also a title line and signature line.

I would also want to provide material pertinent to where it is currently published (essentially, advertising material). Also, although the content is not obscure, I would like to provide "notes" relevant to the raison d'etre of the (series of) strips (e.g. who is the person in this strip and why are they there).

I can really generate it from source in any format. Currently, it is generated at 750px width but that is to fit the "page" where it is published, it is actually four times that size originally. In appearance, it is essentially greyscale/monochrome but I may introduce colour. I have also thought that perhaps pane 4, the punchline, would not be in view until activated by the user.

The type of thing I would like is along the lines of Simple Dilbert (a bit pretentious of me, I know).

I'm afraid that it is rather vague but I would welcome any comments as to how to go about setting it up.

Incidentally, already off topic but, I am a bit disillusioned already as I started the tutorial at developer.android.com and have got to the stage "run on a real device" and "Eclipse installs the app on your connected device and starts it" and nothing happens. However, that's for another thread.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones