Case accessory questionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. DMP84

DMP84 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I will be buying this phone the day it comes out and was wondering if anyone heard if it's ok to get the cases with magnets in it. I know for the droid they said not to use any cases with magnets in them that they interfere with the phone and to use ones with velcro. Does the same hold true for the Incredible?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. XxICEMAN720xX

XxICEMAN720xX Well-Known Member

In most cases magnets would only damage an optical storage device or hard drive. Since the HTC uses internal flash memory I'd say you are safe- but don't take my word for it- the average person is ignorant and will tell you otherwise. I am positive this would a question for a Verizon Tech or electronics technician- call a cell phone repair facility in your area.

3. hooy

hooy Member

Iceman, many phones use magnets to determine if the keyboard slider was out or in (or if it was simply switched) so using a case with a magnet in it can throw that sensor off and you'd find the phone thinking the keyboard was out when it wasn't. Since the Incredible doesn't have a slider, I don't think this should be a problem.

Magnets won't hurt the AMOLED screen and shouldn't mess with storage, so you should be fine with a case that clasps by magnet.