Case Choices for HTC-DIAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Kushtronics

Kushtronics Active Member This Topic's Starter

I personally believe at this point hype for the HTC Incredible has been somewhat curbed due to availability issues. I know a lot of people would disagree, but this is simply my opinion based on media observations. It simply appears that since less people have been able to acquire the phone, less people have been raving about it compared to just a month ago. Maybe this is just the normal hype-decrease pattern for most if not all) smartphones, but I thought it would be nice to see how many people have also noticed this trend and their respective take on the situation. Until recently I was not particularly interested in keeping up with all the mobile news - I was a Blackberry user, and had no invested interest in what other manufacturers/developers were doing.
    However, now that I'm a soon-to-be Android convert, I find myself checking every news feed I have the time to read for new information regarding our powerhouse device.

Anyway, onto why I decided to post this thread in the "Accessories" section:

Another observation I've made is a seemingly low number of high-end cases and accessories currently manufactured specifically for the HTC Incredible. Don't get me wrong, I know there are a handful of quality cases for the Incredible (Innocase II comes to mind). These products, however, are few and far between. I like my cases as stylish and bold as they are sturdy. Speck's line of cases is an example of the type of cases I would like to see developed for the Incredible.

Questions:

1. Are there currently any cases with both a bold look and a quality build?

2. Do you think we (Incredible owners) will see the arrival of high-end colorful cases?

Don't get me wrong, I think the Incredible has a distinct and sexy appearance, but I feel almost exactly the opposite about the protective cases currently on the market. Yes, Seidio's Innocase II is a really great product which offers great protection, but the color options leave me shrugging my shoulders. I purchased Verizon's red/black gradient case for the time being because it was inexpensive, but I'm really hoping someone can either point me in the right direction or give me hope something more colorful and hardy than what's mostly floating around.

Yeah, I like stylish things. So sue me.

Thanks,
    Kushtronics

Advertisement
  2. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

I believe case manufacturers were not expecting the Dinc to be a big hit. There are a plethora of new phones coming out and I assume most resources have gone into the new iPhone and the Evo. I do not believe were are going to get a lot of choices, at least not in the next month or so. Hopefully the Dinc will continue to sell in high numbers, but I am sure the 3 week waiting period is killing overall sales. If I had not been able to find my Dinc via Best Buy, there is a good chance I would have just made the switch and bought the Evo.
    As far as your question about color options… The Seidio Innocase has several colors to chose from, but I do not think you are going to find a sturdy, slim case with a wide selection of colors. If you need something snazzy, you may have to wait a while, or break out your crayons.

Kushtronics likes this.
  3. Kushtronics

Kushtronics Active Member This Topic's Starter

Taylored,

Yeah, I've definitely noticed a wide gap between number of products for the Incredible and the EVO 4G. It's a little depressing that we may never see the quality cases the iPhone and even the EVO will be getting in the next months. I really hope some companies recognize Incredible users as a viable market, and soon.
    I did see the Innocase comes in a variety of colors, but the case is just a little bland for my tastes. I understand it offers great protection, but I'm just looking for a little more if I'm going to spend ~$40.

Thanks Taylored,
    Kushtronics

4. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

Yeah, $40 is a little steep. I ordered the combo off AMZ, but was not happy about it. I am sure there will be companies coming out with some neat skins in the near future, but you will not get drop protection from those.
    It is unfortunate, but companies are going to make the best cases for phones with higher projected sales because they will get the most return on the engineering investment. One day UNICEF may get into the phone accessory game, but until then we are at the whims of the general public.

5. funkpod

funkpod Well-Known Member

i just found a SPECK case on verizon's store!

Enter your location

i dont' know if that link will work, but they have a VERY nice looking case (i might get it!)

6. funkpod

funkpod Well-Known Member

here's the part number..

(Part#: VZW6300COVSPK)